As a community of faith, Seymour Lake is 190 years strong. In fact the church building itself, built in 1874, is a historical landmark. In the late 1990s, the congregation outgrew the church and began constructing a worship fellowship hall, which was completed in 2001. Whether you worship in the little church on the corner or our more contemporary space, you’ll find we have a shared vision with Christian love as our cornerstone, as we aspire to be a place of healing and well-being.
OUR MISSION AND VISION
The mission of the United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Discipleship is our cornerstone as we live into our vision of being a place of healing and well-being.
As Christians we believe:
- God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe.
- God is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the living Son of God who came to earth to save us from our sin.
- The Holy Spirit is present in the world to make us aware of our need for a Savior and to enable us to live out our new life in Christ.
- The Bible is God’s word, written by human authors under the inspiration and guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- Salvation is a free gift from God, received by faith in Jesus Christ.