As a community of faith, Seymour Lake is over 175 years strong. In fact the church building, built in 1874, is a historical landmark. In the late 1990s, the congregation outgrew the church and began constructing a worship fellowship hall, which was completed in 2001. Whether you worship in the little church on the corner or our more contemporary space, you’ll find we have a shared vision with Christian love as our cornerstone, as we aspire to be a place of healing and well-being.
As Christians we believe:
- God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe.
- God is the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ is the living Son of God who came to earth to save us from our sin.
- The Holy Spirit is present in the world to make us aware of our need for a Savior and to enable us to live out our new life in Christ.
- The Bible is God’s word, written by human authors under the inspiration and guidance of the Holy Spirit.
- Salvation is a free gift from God, received by faith in Jesus Christ.